Shaneshit

A blog by and about an old punk rocker once known as the rock and roll bank robber who wrote for Flipside for numerous years. This blog seeks to update the medium but retain the message of the Shaneshit column from Flipside zine.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My first ever blog posting. Rock ON!

Finally, the journey begins. Believe it or not I've had the blog named (of course) and "created" (registered with Blogger) for weeks; but I'm just now making this first posting. Then again I've had my computer for more than 6 months without starting my own. Big deal. But here's the point: for 15 years I wrote for a print pfanzine, Los Angeles's Flipside. When it tragically (for me) discorporated in about 2001, it left me adrift in the gulag without a position or a role to play other than finish my damn time up. Finally I raise up last fall. Amazingly enough neither I nor the world have changed all that much. Hey, maybe I'll be eating my words or at least contradicting myself as I draw all kinds of distinctions between then and now as the blog continues -- but what I'm getting at is that my interest in sex drugs and rock and roll and the manifestation of that interest in me being a club-going rockin' lounge lizard. Ain't nothing changed in that regard and there are sure plenty of clubs and bands and all that. But -- there is also myspace and podcasts and all that stuff - and thanks to my model of doing time being the dentists' office (all I do is wait and read magazines), I'm actually not that far behind in the computer literacy bit. I mean after all, the gulag did teach me programming back in the mainframe & COBOL days, and has given me plenty of opportunities to use computers to do all the clerical work the guards and administators are usually too dull to accomplish themselves.

Anyhow - I've been a selfish bastard since I've been back out -- reading everyone else's blogs and downloading everyone else's mp3's. But my goal to write a book - or better yet become a the #1 famous ex-con crime consultant to Hollywood now that the Eddie's are dead and gone (Bunker and Little) hasn't panned out yet -- so what the hey -- I'm gonna blog instead and maybe I'll spill the beans little by little about the same shit I would have or maybe still will write a book about -- but for now the blog called Shaneshit is going to take the place of the column called Shaneshit that appeared in Flipside circa 87 thru 01 (my letters and occasional contributuons appeared circa 76 - 86 as well). So I'll be talking almost exclusively about what bands I saw at which clubs - and maybe just maybe there will end up being enough photos and graphics and mp3s and links to youtube etc. that someone will bother to scroll by my text to get at 'em. So that is what this first posting is all about. My statement of intent. I'm back with a bang, but I ain't skrewed up in the head cuz got me hair mate and I luv everyone and thats L U V -- l u v the way the Dolls meant it. I'm trying to be obscurantist and a bit punny -- definitely time to sign off. If I can't figure out how to put in the sidebar with all the blogs I wish to link to; let me put right here in my first posting the two sites I suggest you go to first once you leave mine. They are Mick Farren's DOC 40 and Greg L.'s Sex Kittens Compare Scratches.

http://sexkittenscratches.blogspot.com/

&

http://doc40.blogspot.com/

And I might as well get this off my chest right now: The Binges rule!!!!!!!! Let me see if I can figure out how to put their picture right here or link to their video or something. Then I can honestly say my first posting was cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwLkIhpeBbc



I hope that link works! I will be writing lots more about them, as I feel an almost chivalric duty to boost them -- it is weird. I'll explain later -- just check out my first piece of print writing which is in August 2006's Big Wheel. It, of course, is a band profile on The Binges. Maybe I'll reproduce it here or link to it somehow on my next blog posting: For now: Rock On Los Angeles Rock ON!! The rest of the world too of course. Yeah hup!!

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally saw the Binges video on You Tube. I liked what I heard - they reminded me of the Lime Spiders or the Hangmen back in the day, I could hear plenty of AC/DC and "Electric" era Cult influence as well (and, going even further back, peeps like Alice Cooper, the Stones, the Easybeats, Slade, etc.) Pretty good stuff - I'll definitely have to check them out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home